You’ll need to create an account if you want to be listed as an Artist, Organization or Business. By creating a profile, your account is personalized with information that helps others searching for artists or opportunities for artists to learn more about you. You can return to your profile later to update information as needed.
You do not need to create a profile to post an Opportunity, but it may be helpful for Organizations or Businesses with reoccurring opportunities such as annual auditions or events.
Your profile can be created on the Get Started page.
Simply select “I’m an Artist” or “Looking for an Artist” to determine your pathway.
Complete the form and then “Submit” your profile. (Reminder, your profile is not saved until you click “submit.”
It is the sole discretion of ARTSwork, owners of the Iowa Artist Directory, to determine if an artist, business or opportunity will be posted on the IowaArtistDirectory.org. Each profile will be reviewed to ensure they meet the qualifications. The process may take up to 8 days.
Depending on the volume of profiles submitted, it can take our team up to 8 days to approve and notify you of your profile status. You will receive an email notification once your profile form is submitted and another email when the profile status changes to Approved or Needs Revision.
Unfortunately, your profile can only be updated once it is approved or returned for revision. We’ll notify you via the email address you used in your profile when your profile status changes.
If your profile is approved by our review team, you can Log In with your Username/Email and Password. Once logged into your dashboard you will have access to create a public profile, edit profiles you already manage, and edit your user account. All profile edits need to be submitted for approval.
If you don’t have an account, visit the Get Started page to learn more about creating an account.
Since our Iowa Artist Directory welcomes both Artists who want to showcase their creative profiles and Businesses or organizations that want to share opportunities for artists, we offer two Create a Profile pathways: Artist and Business.
- An Artist profile is for any creative person, collaboration, or entity that creates in artistic mediums (For example photographer, musician, painter, mixed media artist, etc.).
- A Business profile is for any organization that provides opportunities for artists (For example paid collaborations, art fairs, funding/grants, resources for artists).
We get this question a lot. Here are some smart tips for creating a better profile.
- Images: Select the best quality representation of your work (if you are an artist). We recommend you use an image for your profile photo that represents your work rather than your headshot.
- Bio: This is a great place to tell more about what makes you and your art unique. Whether you have specific education around the skill, you are open to teaching or hosting workshops, or you prefer exhibits and events to display your work…we’re interested in learning about you in this space.
- Selecting [Disciplines]: You may have more than one category that fits your skills, be sure to select all that apply [Pro tip: To select more than one, simply hold your CTRL key down and make your selections.]
- Add Websites: The form requires a full URL (Example: https://iowaartistdirectory.org/home/) which means you must include the “http:// or https:// in front of the domain name. [Pro tip: To get that URL, simply visit your website and copy the website name from your browser bar at the top. Then paste it into the Iowa Artist Directory form.]
- Keeping it Updated: Your profile will expire if you have not signed in for 18 months. The best information is current information. If something changes, be sure to update your profile and submit it for approval.
These profiles require a unique email address. When you use your email address for one (either an Artist or Business) you cannot use it for a profile of a different type. The back end of your profile account is unique to your email address. If you need to create an Artist and a Business profile, please reach out to our team to assist. Please use the Contact Us form.
No, your profile is accessible again as soon as it is approved.
You will receive a confirmation email that your submission has been received. We recommend checking your SPAM folder if you have not received any email in at least 10 minutes. Still getting nothing? Please contact our team and we’ll investigate this for you.
It does. If you have not updated your profile in 18 months, it will revert to inactive status. To reactivate your status, you must sign in, update your profile and resubmit for reactivation.
Iowa Artist Directory Mailing List
Great question! We want to keep you informed about updates to the website, available opportunities across Iowa, and art news. If you’d like to receive this [monthly?] newsletter please Join Our Email List.
The Iowa Artist Directory does not sell or share your information with any organization or list-buying services. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by selecting Unsubscribe from the footer of our emails or by updating your profile on your Iowa Artist Directory dashboard settings.
Searching the Iowa Artist Directory
On the Home Page, first, select what you’re looking for: Find an Artist or Find an Opportunity.
Using the filtering boxes near the top of the page, you can choose how you want to sort your search in the drop-down menus. The search results will automatically sort the content on the page by those filters.
Want to remove the filters? Just click the “Reset” button to the right.
Iowa has so many great artists and organizations that support them. For now, we’ve limited this directory to just Iowa-based artists and businesses.